Monday, February 18, 2008

New Website Up!

Well, it's been a long time coming, but the new website is finally up. Continual Cycles v3.0 is here! After having a third person say "Oh, you're still in business? I checked out the website a couple of times and nothing seemed to be happening" I decided I'd better get off my butt and re-vamp the site. There are still a couple of things I'd like to work on, like the planned photo gallery, but for now I'm happy with what I've got and I'm hoping that you'll like it too. Bicycles aside for a moment, I'd like to talk a bit about the new site.

I'm excited about the new site because I'm using CSS for layout and am now XHTML 1.0 compliant and, aside from a totally new look, I've slimmed down the size (in Kb) of each page. I've also done away with that hokey javascript drop-down menu bar that was the site navigation. Not that the site was large, by any standards, but it makes me feel like I've upgraded my skills and besides, the site will load faster.

Now that I think about it, it's a little like getting a better bike, one that was lighter and faster than the old one. Sure it can go a little faster because it's lighter, and it will be more fun to ride, but it will ultimately take an improvement of skills to really make that bike come alive.

Still in the works is a photo gallery that (hopefully) people can/will upload their bike & bike related photos to. All I need to do is choose a format, learn how to make a decent thumbnail bar, compile a bunch of photos, and find the time to accomplish all this. No sweat. Maybe I'll make a T-shirt that says "Photo Gallery 2009 or Bust!"

All kidding aside, I'd love to hear what you have to say about it. Check out the website. Leave a comment, and thanks!

No comments: